Thursday, December 10, 2009

Passion for Pitching Says Hello

     Can you believe it?  Doug White and Passion for Pitching has started a blog.  I remember when CD's first came out, it took me a full year before I even thought about buying something other then a tape cassette.  Now the kids these days don't even know what tape cassettes are.  I have over two hundred tapes of music sitting in storage right now collecting dust.  Not to mention the VHS tapes I also have after refusing to buy this thing called a DVD player.  I thought there was no way CD's and DVD's would be the mainstream thing.  Plus, they were always so expensive compared to tapes.  Look at me now, I own my own business, I work for the Cardinals Organization as a Minor League Pitching Instructor, I have my own website, youtube video clips, and now my own blog.  What a world we live in huh?  A place where they allow all sorts of people from all sorts of walks of life to get on the internet and share whatever it is they want to on their own blog.

     For weeks now I have been wondering what I could write about on a blog.  Should I talk mechanics?  Should I discuss pitching strategies?  How about workouts and the million different ways there are to prepare your body for competition?  Well, all that is great stuff and we will cover it all as I get a hang of this blog stuff.  I am absolutely positive that one idea after the next will come to me and I am also positive that everyone out there who will be reading and supporting this blog will have a hand in that creative process.  But first I wanted to use this first blog to give everyone the ground rules for this Passion for Pitching blog.

   The Ground Rules

Ground Rule #1 - The blogger is always right!  Not really, but I always wanted to say that.  There will be topics discussed and passed along this blog that not everyone is going to agree with or believe in and that's okay.  I started this blog to allow for a creative outlet and pass on some things that I feel strongly about.  But I also started this blog to learn some things as well.  The more people that get involved here and share their thoughts and ideas to what is being posted, the better we can all get in our quest to enjoy the game of baseball more.  Let's use this outlet to create some great things and broaden our horizons so more athletes and coaches can improve and enjoy the game of baseball.

Ground Rule #2 - This blog is for entertainment purposes!  That is not to say this blog is for laughs only and should not be taken seriously, but at the root of all this information that one can absorb in the game of baseball, it should be for the joy of it.  That is also not to say that the game isn't tough and built on failures because it is.  But that is where the enjoyment comes from.  The enjoyment comes from going 0 for your last 7 and then going 3 for 3 in your next game and scoring or driving in the winning run.  That is what baseball is all about.  You have to take the good with the bad and that is so much more true in the sport of baseball then any other sport you will ever participate in.  So lets enjoy and not take it so seriously, we will have plenty of time for that when we get on the field of play!

Ground Rule #3 - Your participation is wanted!  I can't wait to interact with the individuals who will come across this blog.  Let me know what topics you are interested in on the subject of pitching.  I will do my best to answer any questions you have or reply to any thoughts or comments you give to my blog posts.  There will be a lot of talk on this blog about other sides to pitching then just mechanics, we may even talk about life from time to time, but either way this blog won't work without your participation so come and enjoy!

     The second post is coming soon!  Check out my website at passionforpitching.com and sign up to be on my email list to keep up to date on all the latest!

No comments:

Post a Comment